Wednesday, June 9, 2010

i´m here!!!

after about 28 hours i arrived in cochabamba! woo hoo. erik was right there waiting so it was really nice to see a familiar face. had a 6 hr layover in mexico city and they didn´t have me booked on a next flight. freaked out but didn´t cry!!! ended up getting on, by standby, and then was in lima, peru for 6 hrs. from there i went to santa cruz, bolivia, to la paz , bolivia to cochabamba. the house i´m staying in is like 4 stories, filled with people from all over the world..doctors to business students. on the top floor there´s a terrace with a direct view of jesus de cristo...so beautiful. it´s bigger than the one in rio. i can´t wait to go up there. my room is the only one on the first floor. i had no problem passing out last night after traveling for so long but i might have issues going to sleep other nights, as some of the people really seem to like partying ..last night had shepherd´s pie for dinner that a girl from germany cooked. it was good, minus the veggies!! i guess we all sign up and make dinner for everyone so that will be interesting. tonight they were saying one of my housemates is cooking fish head soup. i might be in trouble. plan on uploading some pictures soon. most everyone has their laptops with them so it´s not as easy for me to get on internet. luckily, the office and another house are right down the street, like 4 houses down. i´m about to get a tour of the city by hippie gary.

4 comments:

The Meditz Family said...

it all sounds so bohemian and wonderful! enjoy yourself kim (:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kimmer ~ Kyle just came & got Sophie & boy do I miss her. He was later tonight because he was in Modesto having the outlining done on his other tatoo. Had a busy day running errands & I took your car pymt in for June & July. Had a good dinner at Mick's w/Mick, Kort, Bryse, Jordan & Frank. We had pork loin on the grill, corn, asparagus, potatoes, pineapple & rolls. For dessert we had ice cream w/hot fudge. Yummm! This a.m. I went w/Mick to see Dr. Willsen as her face has reacted again. Mick had an idea that maybe it was a reaction to the sun screen which Dr. Willsen agreed. He gave her meds, creams & a shot in the rear & said that her fact should be cleared up by next wk. It was good to see Dr. Willsen & so glad that Mick got in to see him. I took some photos of the Sophie dog today which I'm going to try to send to you now. The shots I wanted, of course, I didn't get because, when she realized I was focusing on her, she did her own independent thing. I like the comment from the Meditz Family -- "...it all sound so bohemian". That's my kind of thing! Will close for now & try & get the photos to you & then go to bed. I love you so much & admire you so much. Your mom

Anonymous said...

Go to your email address for the pics, OK?
Your mom

AHarbs said...

Congrats on your safe arrival! I am proud of you for the way you were so brave on the many planes. Also, I happy to hear that you are making steps to "fix" yourself. Sometimes being stretched out of our comfort zones is better for us than we know (and this includes food choices). Good luck and know that I am praying for you!
Love,
Amy