Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pretty toes


So...I've had two pedicures within a week, a massage, a fancy lunch, my hair done for the second time within a month, and had a delicious Wendy's dinner all in preparation for the things I love but can't have for 2 months. Tomorrow definitely calls for some Baskin Robbins; quite possibly 3 scoops.

I have a TO DO list daily and although every morning I have good intentions, very few things are getting crossed off the list and I'm running out of time! Today's list was:
-Target for essentials (postponed 'til tomorrow)
-Laundry (stuck a load in, forgot about it 'til just now so it's still sitting in the washer from this a.m.)
-Print out Visa application (unable to do on MAC computer)
-pay bills for the next 2 months (yah..didn't happen)
-make copies of all important documents (um...my mom gave me a copy of my birth cert. but that's as far as it got b/c I was in charge of the rest. Thanks Mom!)
-Get doctor's notes from Kaiser doctor's & pick up malaria meds and epi-pen (OBVIOUSLY that didn't go as planned, have I mentioned how much I hate Kaiser...try again tomorrow)
-go to police station to provide evidence to the non-profit that I don't harm kids (nope-didn't make it before closing time)
-Go to bank (did do that, probably wouldn't have but my ATM card stopped working today so it was a must. Now they have to rush order me a new one, so that's back on the TO DO for Friday)
-Get my hair done (SUCCESS! Thanks Kristin)

I have a feeling my TO DO list at the end of tomorrow is going to look very similar, if not the same, as today's with about 10 more things added on..

However...on the bright side, I went into the bookstore yesterday and instead of one book, came out w/6. Purchased a TheraPearl eye mask, dramamine and sunblock.I got my travel backpack 1/2 off-complete w/ a detachable FANNY PACK (I'm bringin' it back!) and smaller day pack (ok and I got an ADIDAS little jacket, too, but it was 1/2 off of 1/2 off. I'm a sucker for a sale.) I got lots of sloppy kisses from my pups, and spent some quality time with my mom and sis, also affectionately known as MJ (you can ask her about that one- LOVE YOU SIS).

On a different note, my friend of 17 years, Karen Bettencourt, is traveling to Africa tomorrow, also to do volunteer work. She's been all over the world, but she's also going alone, so please keep her in your prayers.

Who knew preparing to travel to a 3rd world country was so very complicated? At least my toes look pretty :-)

4 comments:

Cherie said...

Make this trip everything that you want it to be. Hopefully, these 2 months will fly by & you will know yourself & what you want for the rest of your life. I love you so much. God be w/you ~ Your mom

Diane Verissimo said...

Kim ~ You are almost there and I can hardly wait to hear all about your trip. I know God will use you in amazing ways. You have so many talents. Take care, be safe and keep us posted on your adventures. I will be praying for you.
Miss you,
Diane :)

Anonymous said...

You have had an exhausting & interesting 2 days, but you've found strength in yourself & from God & know that your dad is ALWAYS w/you. Got some things on my list done today, but still have a few more things to do before going to bed. Tomorrow I'm going w/Mick to Dr. Willsen's as she's had a real setback & then I have a lot of errands to run. Talked to Flo & Gary House today. Sophie is doing good except that she misses her "mama". She's been eating & is being an excellent dog. Haven't taken her for a walk since Sun. p.m. Will wait until I can get her the correct collar & leash. She is such a sweetheart. Will close for now & know that I am so proud of you, love you, think about you & pray for you. Get a good rest tonight. Lots & lots of love ~ Your mom

Karen said...

Thank you so much for the prayer request, Kim! You are so sweet and thoughtful -- and I am so lucky to have had you for a friend for the past 17 years! I know I have already said this, but I am so proud of you and I am so excited for you and this journey you are taking. You are an inspiration, lady! Love you lots!! 1/2 of KB squared :)