Thursday, July 1, 2010

take the good w/ the bad!

Today I am feeling much better!!! I went to work, tomorrow we have a field trip to un parque and then next week, we have the whole week off. Time for some traveling! Yippee! Two nights ago was "Iowa casserole night" a la Iowa Davey and me. We pulled it off pretty well, having to improvise with some of the ingredients, but overall it was a success. The day before, on the bus to work, this old Bolivian man sat next to me and literally was sitting on top of me. His whole body was resting on the side of mine. It was a wee bit awkward, but maybe it's a cultural thing?? The bad news is, someone stole my migraine medication on the bus and so for 5 weeks I have nothing. Went to the pharmacy today and they gave me 2 different kinds of migraine medication, migranol and cofargot, which I am hoping will work but neither are as strong as what my regular prescription is. Trying not to worry about it, as that will cause a migraine!!! Saturday I am going on an organized day trip to some ruins, and then Sunday we are celebrating the 4th at the main house. Next week, I hope to go to Sucre and the Salt Flats or up to Cusco/Machu Piccu. We will see which one pans out. Exciting!!!

Thanks for the good wishes, kind thoughts, and the packages for the kiddos. I am lucky to know such great people!

With love,
Kim

1 comment:

The Meditz Family said...

i hope you make it to machu pichu - jealous!