Friday, November 12, 2010

thank you...

...for all of the encouraging emails. though many of you don't leave comments on here, you send me emails and they have made me feel like i'm helping someone else by sharing my feelings. with the holidays approaching, buried painful memories of my dad's last few weeks are flooding my mind. i wish the holidays would just go away, come back next year, and see how we are doing then.but they aren't going anywhere and we have to deal. i will always say that i wouldn't trade the 3 weeks i took off work before my dad's death for anything-unfortunately i spent more time with him then than i had combined in the last few years, but the memories of my strong dad detioriating before my eyes (mind and body) are painful.

i fully realize that i did not work through anything during my time in south america. it hit home just recently and i've just got to take it as it comes.

Luckily, I have the best friends (and a fiesty basset hound) a gal could ask for to stand by me every step of the way.

Anyway, thanks again!!! I really appreciate your comments on here or thru facebook messages. It's been really nice to reconnect with old friends in the process!

1 comment:

Aunt Judy said...

Hello Kim... Yes! I'll share my thoughts on your blog. I truly can't imagine myself walking in your shoes right now; don't know that I could do it!!! However, I'm sure, as you are finding out, that if one sets his mind to doing something...it IS POSSIBLE! Keep on trudging forward and that new you that you're trying to discover will someday be a norm in your life. I admire your courage and wish the best for you. Love you, Aunt Judy